2012 Fishing regulations on Lake Sundown - Iowa
|Fish||Daily Limit Per Person||Minimum Length In Inches||Max Length In Inches|
- WALLEYE - Daily limit is three (3) per person: minimum length is 16 inches; maximum length is 22 inches.
- BASS - Bass 17 inches and longer shall be released immediately. Bass less than 17 inches may be kept: daily limit is three (3) per person. Since trophy bass cannot be removed from the lake, a graphite reproduction would be an alternative.
- CHANNEL CATFISH - Daily limit is six (6) per person; no length limit.
- CRAPPIE - Daily limit is twenty (20) per person; no length limit.
- BLUEGILL - Daily limit is twenty (20) per person; no length limit.
- NO LIVE FISH TO BE USED AS BAIT.
- Remains of dressed fish shall never be disposed of in the lake.
- No one shall introduce or stock any fish into the lake without prior written approval of the Association.
- Only property owners and their family members and guests have permission to fish the lake. Either the property owner or a family member must accompany all guests on the lake. Guests are not allowed to remove fish from the lake.
- No one shall seine or net the lake for any purpose.
- ICE FISHING - All fish that are caught while ice fishing shall be immediately returned to the lake unless you plan to dress them. No ice fishing shelters will be allowed overnight. All fishing rules and limits apply to ice fishing.
- No fishing tournaments are allowed without prior written approval of the Association.